Don’t Waste Time on Meta Keywords. Google Doesn’t.
I admit it, I was a meta keyword sucker too. Don’t fall for it! Google officially announced that meta keywords have no value in search engine ranking. In other words, it’s just a waste of time to throw keywords and phrases into the keywords meta tag.
Instead of researching meta keywords, focus your attention on:
- Including keywords in the title (blog, website, page, post titles, etc)
- Including keywords in meta description (increases search engine click-through rates)
- Including keywords in your post, as close to the beginning as possible
- Including keywords in the URL
- Website speed (slow pages = lower rankings)
As an example, for this post I want to rank high in search engines for the keywords “Meta Keywords” and “Google”. I have used these keywords in the title, the meta description, the post, and the URL. And hopefully Google will show me some love. 🙂