NavXT Breadcrumbs is a new section for the PageLines Framework theme for WordPress and allows the NavXT Breadcrumbs plugin for WordPress to be used within PageLines. Those of you who used PlatformPro know that this was a built-in option, but sadly it was overlooked with the release of PageLines Framework. No worries.. now you can use it again! NavXT Breadcrumbs is an awesome plugin that displays post hierarchy, not only for the benefit of your readers, but also to increase your site’s SEO.
Appreciate this? Please donate!This section is FREE. If you are thrilled I made it and appreciate the time spent, please consider making a donation to my coffee addiction. The PayPal donate button is up there on the right!
First, make sure you have installed and activated the PageLines Sections plugin. This plugin must be activated before any sections will work. Just visit the PageLines Store within your WordPress admin to activate.
You must install the NavXT Breadcrumbs plugin for WordPress before using my section.
The NavXT Breadcrumbs section installation depends on your method of download. Here are some tips:
- When downloaded through your WordPress admin (easiest method), just visit PageLines -> Store -> Sections -> Top Free to install and activate.
- When downloaded from PageLines.com, upload the original zip file to PageLines -> Store -> Sections -> Upload. Activate the section in the “Your Added Sections” tab.
Choose Where it Displays
After you have installed and activated NavXT Breadcrumbs, visit PageLines -> Drag&Drop. The template areas which can use the NavXT Breadcrumbs section are:
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Template (Default, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Blog
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Blog Post
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Author
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Tag
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Archive
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Category
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Search
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> 404 Error
- Page Templates -> Content Area -> Custom Page
Choose the content area type(s) in which you want the NavXT Breadcrumbs section displayed, then move the NavXT Breadcrumbs box to the left side to activate it. This section can have clones so you can add more than one NavXT Breadcrumbs section per template! Just clone it.
Set the Options
The NavXT Breadcrumbs section only has one option and is located at PageLines -> Site Options -> Blog and Posts. The option allows you to disable the NavXT Breadcrumb links. More information is available on the Blog and Posts settings page.
Additional NavXT Breadcrumb settings exist for the WordPress plugin at WordPress -> Settings -> Breadcrumb NavXT. I won’t go over these here because the author has made it pretty self-explanatory.
Customizing with CSS
If you’re like me and customize everything with CSS, you may find this information handy. Pretty much the only thing you should want to change uses this CSS selector:
Special thanks to Simon @ PageLines for the original code for this section. You should send him lots of email thanking him. He loves that.
- 1.0: Initial release.
Thanks for Stopping By!
If you have any questions, feature requests, or bugs to report, please leave a comment below. And don’t forget, if you’ve found this add-on helpful, please consider making a donation to my coffee addiction. The PayPal donate button is up there on the right.