- Simple CSS Lite: This FREE plugin allows the user to easily customize background, text, hover, active, and submenu colors of the PageLines navigation menu. Works with both the Navigation and BrandNav sections.
- Simple CSS Pro: Includes Lite features plus the ability to change CSS for nearly every aspect of PageLines. This version is still in development. Please leave a comment below for any specific features you would like to be included in the Pro version (example: the ability to change widget title colors, footer text color, etc).
Appreciate this? Please donate!
Simple CSS Lite is FREE. If you are thrilled I made it and appreciate the time spent, please consider making a donation to my coffee addiction. The PayPal donate button is up there on the right!
Installation is simple and depends on your method of purchase. Here are some tips:
- When purchased through your WordPress admin (easiest method), just visit WordPress -> PageLines -> Store -> Plugins to install and activate. Updates for this plugin will be shown here also.
- When purchased from PageLines.com, upload the original zip file to WordPress -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload. Activate the plugin to use it right away. Updates for this plugin will be shown at WordPress -> PageLines -> Store -> Plugins.
Set the Options
The Simple CSS options are located at WordPress -> PageLines -> Settings. You will see a new menu item called Simple CSS Lite or Simple CSS Pro (depending on your version). Note: Make sure you don’t have both plugins activated at the same time; if you have Simple CSS Pro, it should always be your active plugin.
- Navigation Colors (Lite & Pro): This section controls the background, text, hover, active, and submenu colors of the navigation menu. Works with both the Navigation and BrandNav sections. Click the “More Info” button on the settings page for a description of each option.
- Navigation Bottom Border Style (Pro only): This section controls the color, width, and type of the border below the navigation menu. Read the “More Info” section on the settings page for a description of each option.
- More options will be added to Pro as it is developed. Please leave a comment below with your requests!
1.0: Initial release of Lite version.
1.1: Fixed a bug that wouldn’t show the plugin as active within the PageLines Store, even though it was active.
1.2: Re-wrote CSS selectors for better handling of active menu items as well as submenu items. This adds two new options to the settings panel: Text Color of Active Menu Item and Background Color of Active Menu Item. Also moved the Navigation Bar Background Color to the bottom for better flow and usability.
1.3: Corrected an invalid CSS selector. Text color now shows correctly for regular menu items (since v1.2).
1.4: Corrected an invalid math call that was creating a text shadow on menu items (since PageLines 2.1.4). Also added support for menus that do not use the drop down menu option.
Thanks for Stopping By!
If you have any questions, feature requests, or bugs to report, please leave a comment below or on the Simple CSS PageLines product page. Enjoy!